No Monthly Fee
Convenience: Make unlimited deposits and withdrawals and transfers between your account at Republic Bank ATMs.2
Earn More: Sign up to the Republic Bank Savings Reward Plan and earn a bonus of 1% interest on automatic savings plan contributions1
Earn interest and don't pay a monthly fee. The RightStart account allows you to perform unlimited deposits and transfers at Republic Bank ATMs.2
No monthly fee
Unlimited deposits and transfers at Republic Bank ATMs
Unlimited Republic OnLine, POS and Mobile Banking transactions
Eligible for Republic Bank Savings Reward Plan enrollment
Monthly statements available (electronic or paper statements)
- Interest calculated on the minimum monthly balance and paid monthly
How to apply
To Apply for a Republic Bank account, you’ll need visit your local Republic Bank branch and bring the following items with you:
1. One valid primary piece of government-issued identification, with photograph and signature, such as:
- National ID or voter's card
- Driver's License
- Military ID card
- Permanent resident card
2. One secondary piece of identification. The following kinds are valid:
- An additional primary piece of identification
- Birth certificate, credit card, debit card, tax ID card
- Employee ID or letter from your employer
3. Proof of address, such as:
- Utility bill
- Bank account statement
- Copy of lease or letter from landlord
If you are a non-resident customer, a reference letter or a current account statement from a reputable bank is required.
4. The account Application Form
Need more information?
Make an appointment at your local branch today.
Rates and Fees
Monthly Fee None Number of Free Transactions Included in Monthly Fee
Unlimited self service transfers between your accounts and unlimited deposits
Additional Transaction Fees
Branch : $2.00
Cheque : $0.50
Interest Rate 0.05% flat rate Statement Frequency Quarterly Interest Calculation*** Lowest Monthly Account Balance - Paid Monthly
* Balance must not drop below the Fee waiver amount in order for fees the be waived.
** Overdraft calculation is based on 365 days for all account types.
*** Notwithstanding what is indicated on page 3 in the Interest rates and interest calculations section of the PFSA (April 2019) booklet, interest on the Savings accounts and Speciality Accounts is calculated by using the lowest Account balance during the month and is paid to the Account on the last business day of the month. The interest calculation and payment frequency set out in this Rates & Fees Schedule amends and replaces the wording on page 3 of the PFSA (April 2019) booklet.